Your emotions have a powerful effect on your skin. Since stress is a part of life, what matters is how you handle it.
Have you ever noticed that when you are stressed, you break out more? This is because stress causes your body to produce cortisol and other hormones, which tells your sebaceous glands to produce more oil. Oily skin is more prone to acne and other skin problems.
Stress can also:
- Worsen existing skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Cause hives and other types of skin rashes and trigger a flare-up of fever blisters.
- Interfere with daily skin care. If you are stressed, you might skimp on your skin care, which can aggravate skin problems.
For more advice on how to care for your skin, book for a free skin consultation with Alexis at Cryoliving, we would be happy to assist you.
More about Our Services:
Local Cryotherapy Services
While WBCT achieves systemic responses, there is still a need to focus on specific injuries. Local cryotherapy is used to target specific areas more intensively. It has also proven to be extremely effective when used in conjunction with WBCT.
With Local cryotherapy, pressured liquid nitrogen vapour is sprayed directly onto the injured area. The skin temperature is reduced from about 25?C to 5?C, which takes approximately 3 min for an area of 5cm x 5cm. Immediately after the treatment the skin temperature increases to approximately 29?C as the stimulating responses take place.
Local Cryotherapy is applied by our extensively trained Physiotherapist. Treatments are always preceded by an initial assessment to ensure the correct approach is followed.
Most popular applications:
- Lower back pain (Sciatica, slipped discs, post spinal surgery, muscle spasm)
- Frozen shoulder and other shoulder dysfunction
- Neck and mid- back pain and spasm
- Knee pain and post knee surgery
- Hip pain
- Sprains and strains
- Tennis elbow, Golfers elbow
- Sport injuries
- Tendonitis (Achilles, plantar fasciitis)
Many of the conditions that cryotherapy has shown to benefit are complimented by Physiotherapy. Mobilization and movement therapy is known to be one of the most effective treatments of these conditions but are hindered by pain, inflammation and spasms. Cryotherapy offers a 4-hour window period to do further work on an area with significantly reduced pain. The responses caused by the initial cryotherapy also amplifies the benefits of the further treatments.
Rehabilitation programs are structured on an individualized basis. It includes Whole Body or Local Cryotherapy followed by either physiotherapy and/or movement therapy.
Other physiotherapy treatments offered:
- Dry needling and acupuncture (With training and experience of both Western and Eastern philosophies we combine these approaches on a result driven basis)
- Posture alignment
- Relief of muscle spasms
- Pinched nerve release
- Musculoskeletal, sport and occupational injury recovery
- Women’s health
- Post surgery recovery